August 1st – 5th, 2018 at The Kundalini Yoga Durham Studio, 1215 Carroll St., Durham, NC 27707
Led by Y.O.G.A. for Youth North Carolina Regional Coordinator, Lead Teacher Trainer and Yoga Activist Keval Kaur Khalsa, this course will prepare you to teach yoga to teens and pre-teens in a variety of settings. As a KRI Lead Teacher Trainer who has shared her passion for yoga and meditation on three continents, Keval Kaur’s down-to-earth and joyous teaching style will help you connect to your true essence, creativity, and compassion. You will learn to share this ancient technology in a way that teens and pre-teens can relate to in their own lives.
$700 until July 1, $800 after July 1
A limited number of partial scholarships are available. Priority will be given to full-time students and community members with the most financial need. Contact email@example.com for a scholarship application. Priority deadline for receiving scholarship applications is July 1, 2018.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-225-3192
This training explores some of the most effective approaches to presenting asanas and kriyas to youth. It will enhance your teaching ability and expand your knowledge of yoga across multiple disciplines. The main area of focus will be on developing tools that will assist you in translating ancient yogic principals into a language youth can understand and apply to their daily lives without diminishing its powerful effects. An emphasis will be placed on specialized programming for under-served, “at-risk” and traumatized youth populations.
This training will not only introduce you to the policies and procedures of teaching in secured facilities, but it will also prepare you to effectively deliver creative and dynamic youth yoga classes to diverse populations with a massive impact. Elevate your teachings and set yourself apart from your fellow instructors through the Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teacher Training – a program scientifically proven to deliver “significant results” according to Dr. Sat Bir Singh Khalsa, Harvard University.
- Multiple Yoga Discipline Integration
- Secured Facility Preparation & Protocol
- Cultural and Social Sensitivity Development
- Age and Gender Specific Class Formats
- Specialized Program for “At Risk”, Troubled and Traumatized Youth
- Hands-On Class Format & Development
- Yoga Alliance Approved CEU’s
Why Y.O.G.A. for Youth
- Access to the Y.O.G.A. for Youth Support Network
- FREE 1 Year Y.O.G.A. for Youth Membership
- Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teacher Placement Opportunities*
- Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teaching Mentorship Programs*
- Internationally Accredited Program
- Scientifically Proven Curriculum
- Led & Developed by One of the Most Sought-After Master Yoga Teacher Trainers in the World
- Proceeds for Y.O.G.A. for Youth Teacher Trainings Directly Support the Non-Profit Organization’s FREE Youth Programs & Services Worldwide
- All Level Yoga Teachers from Any Discipline
- Youth Facilitators
- Youth Group Leaders
- Youth Councilors & Therapists
- Youth Case Managers
- Pediatricians & Nurses
- School Teachers & Aids
- Youth-Oriented Volunteers & Supporters
Bookings are closed for this event.